- Weeks one and two will focus on seminars and collaborative research amongst the participants. A schedule of the seminars (all taking place at 10:30 in the Boltzmann Lecture Hall) is as follows:
Tuesday, November 6. Hermann Schulz-Baldes (Friedrich-Alexander Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg). Monopole insertion and spectral flow in topological insulator
Thursday, November 8. Siegfried Echterhoff (Westfahlische Wilhelms Universitaet Muenster). The minimal exact crossed product and the Baum-Connes conjecture
Friday, November 9. Branimir Cacic (University of New Brunswick, Fredericton). Noncommutative principal bundles in unbounded KK-theory
Tuesday, November 13. Paul Baum (Penn State University). Twisted $K$-homology.
Wednesday, November 14. Joachim Cuntz (Westfahlische Wilhelms Universitaet Muenster). Linear functionals on C*-algebras and their commutative subalgebras.
Thursday, November 15. Ryszard Nest (University of Copenhagen) Group cocycles and algebraic K-theory.
Friday, November 16. Giovanni Landi (Università degli studi di Trieste) Line bundles over noncommutative spaces.
with more details in the seminar abstracts
- Week three will take the form of a masterclass at the postdoctoral level on Kasparov theory and its applications. A schedule of the masterclass (November 19-23) is as follows (also in [pdf])
||Wednesday 21||Thursday 22||Friday 23|
|14:00-15:00||Bourne||Bourne||Free afternoon or:||vd Dungen||vd Dungen|
The lecturers and topics are as follows:
- Chris Bourne (Tohoku). Topological phases, index theory and Kasparov theory.
- Koen van den Dungen (Bonn). Towards noncommutative Lorentzian geometry.
- Jens Kaad (Odense). Recent advances in (unbounded) KK-theory
- Bram Mesland (Bonn) and Adam Rennie (Wollongong). Introduction to operator algebras and KK-theory.
- Emil Prodan (Yeshiva). Physics and applications of topological phases: How KK-theory can help?
with more details in the masterclass-abstracts.
- Week four will be a research workshop, the schedule (all talks in the Boltzmann Lecture Hall) is as follows [schedule including abstracts in pdf]:
||Wednesday 28||Thursday 29||Friday 30
|9:30-10:30||Guo Chuan Thiang||Johannes Kellendonk||Koen van den Dungen||Sara Azzali||Magnus Goffeng|
|11:00-12:00||Christopher Max||Chris Bourne||Victor Gayral||Pierre Julg||Franz Luef|
(18:30 conference dinner, Heurigen)
|15:30-16:30||Francesca Arici||Valerio Proietti||Harold Steinacker|