We are organizing a special session on Noncommutative Geometry during the 34th International Workshop on Operator Theory and its Applications (IWOTA 2023) at the University of Helsinki, Finland.
Dates: July 31 – August 4, 2023
- Tirthankar Bhattacharyya. Indian Institute of Science.
- Jens Kaad. University of Southern Denmark.
- David Kyed. University of Southern Denmark.
- Walter van Suijlekom. Radboud University Nijmegen.
During the last few years, the mathematical field of noncommutative geometry has witnessed a lot of scientific activity. This includes the intriguing development of unbounded KK-theory and the recent analysis of several different quantum metric spaces, with exciting links to operator algebras. These two main research themes -unbounded KK-theory and quantum metric spaces- will be the focus of the present special session on noncommutative geometry.
- Konrad Aguilar, Pomona College
- Joakim Arnlind, Linköping University (tbc)
- Are Austad, University of Southern Denmark
- Shantanu Dave, University Vienna
- Koen van den Dungen, Universität Bonn
- Carla Farsi, University of Colorado Boulder
- Priyanga Ganesan, University of California San Diego
- Yufan Ge, Universiteit Leiden
- Debashish Goswami, ISI, Kolkata
- Jens Kaad, University of Southern Denmark
- Giovanni Landi, University of Trieste
- Malte Leimbach, Radboud University
- Ying-Fen Lin, Queen’s University Belfast
- Franz Luef, NTNU
- Bram Mesland, Leiden University
- Chi-Keung Ng, Chern Institute, Nankai University (tbc)
- Paolo Piazza, Sapienza di Roma
- Sushil Singla, Indian Institute of Science
- Walter van Suijlekom, Radboud University
- Kanat Tulenov, University Gent
- Jacopo Zanchettin, SISSA
- Sophie Emma Zegers, Charles University in Prague
|2:30-3:00||Konrad Aguilar||The strongly Leibniz property and the Gromov–Hausdorff propinquity|
|3:00-3:30||Are Austad||Detecting ideals in reduced crossed product C*-algebras of topological dynamical systems|
|3:30-4:00||Jens Kaad||Spectral metrics on quantum projective spaces|
|4:00-4:30||Carla Farsi||Metric spectral triples, Gromov-Hausdorff limits, and inductive limits|
|2:30-3:00||Sophie Emma Zegers||Split extensions and KK-equivalences for quantum flag manifolds|
|3:00-3:30||Yufan Ge||Subproduct systems from SU(2)-representations|
|3:30-4:00||Debashish Goswami||Quantum Isometry Groups of compact metric space|
|4:30-5:00||Paolo Piazza||Primary and Secondary Invariants of Dirac operators on G-proper manifolds|
|5:00-5:30||Chi-Keung Ng||Reconstructing von Neumann algebras from metric spaces|
|5:30-6:00||Walter van Suijlekom||Tolerance relations and operator systems|
|2:30-3:00||Bram Mesland||The Levi-Civita connection on modules of non commutative differential forms|
|3:00-3:30||Joakim Arnlind||Levi-Civita connections for a class of noncommutative minimal surfaces|
|3:30-4:00||Giovanni Landi||Hopf algebroids, Atiyah sequences and noncommutative gauge theories|
|4:30-5:00||Priyanga Ganesan||A quantum isometry game for quantum metric spaces|
|5:00-5:30||Kanat Tulenov||On Fourier multipliers on quantum tori and applications|
|5:30-6:00||Franz Luef||Metaplectic transformations for Heisenberg modules|
|11:30-12:00||Sushil Singla||Sequence of operator algebras converging to odd spheres in the quantum Gromov-Hausdorff distance|
|12:00-12:30||Malte Leimbach||On spectral truncations of tori|
|12:30-1:00||Jacopo Zanchettin||Morita equivalence for the Erhesmann-Schauenburg Hopf algebroid|
|2:30-3:00||Koen van den Dungen||Generalised Dirac-Schrödinger operators|
Please inform one of the organizers if you want to participate or give a talk in this session. Also for further inquiries, please contact one of us, eg. via email@example.com.
Junior researchers from the USA and taking part in IWOTA may approach Raul Curto for a possible funding from NSF.